Friday, May 22, 2009

What I learned on my Summer Vacation

Our trip to Houston did not go quite as planned, but still, I learned a few things.
- When choosing a hotel room for your family, go for the suite. It's worth whatever you paid for it.
- Hotel towels absorb an amazing amount of vomit.
- So do carseats.
- Carseats are not fun to clean in a hotel shower and do not dry effectively with a hotel blow dryer.
- It is very embarrassing to throw up in Uptown Park.
- Uptown Park has very nice trash cans.
- I am capable of going to Nordstrom during the half-yearly sale and not buying shoes for myself.
- I am incapable of going shopping and not buying something for my kids.
- It is not a good idea to go out to eat if you are not fully recovered from your stomach virus.
- French fry throw up is gross.
- Carseat manufacturers do not account for french fry throw up in their design specs.
- A portable DVD player is an essential item when travelling with your children.  (Thank you, Tammy!!)
- A large tub of toys is also helpful if you end up spending a lot of time in your hotel room.
- Sometimes, you spend a lot more time in your hotel room then you had planned.
- Even with an active toddler and a hungry baby, the Blue Bell Creameries tour is FUN and there is free ice cream at the end!!
- Lake Somerville is a great spot to stop, stretch your legs, and go skinny dipping.
- True friends are those who have stood by you during a vomit-filled vacation. Thanks, Nick & Laurie!!
Finally, a few pictures. We didn't take any pics of the majority of the fun, and I'd not have posted them if we had. Still, there were still some picture worthy moments!

6 comments:

Amy and David said...

So good to see you guys! I hope all the vomiting is passed now.

The Mommy said...

More to the point:

Did MITCHELL have fun?????

LittlePaintedPolkaDots said...

Despite all the pukey's, it looks like you had a decent time! Great pictures!!

KID, MD said...

Mitch did a lot of puking, too, but had some fun in the end.

Claudia and Glenn Walker said...

hahaha loved the pictues. The one with Logan's naked made me laugh so bad. I need to keep packing:)

Sarah said...

Been there, done that. Four of us at once in fact. Ugh.

I'm glad that you had a tiny bit of fun despite the junkies.