Monday, March 23, 2009

Recon again

My friend Beth's oldest son had a shirt that he had stained right in the middle of the front. It wasn't wearable that way, so she brought it over and told me that if I thought I could do something with it, I could. Yay! At first, I was thinking maybe of appliqueing to cover the spot, and then Logan could wear it, but after staring at it for a few minutes, I decided that it really was yearning to be a dress. So, I gave it it's wish.I basically just recut the bodice to fit Myra and then altered the armscye on the sleeve to fit the new bodice, shirred the armholes for girliness, put it all back together and gathered the bottom half of the shirt into a skirt.Myra loves it!

2 comments:

The Kedrowitsch's said...

You did a great job! And she looks so cute wearing her new dress.

Anonymous said...

Wonderful recycling job!!!
Myra looks so pleased with her new duds!

If we ever find our camera's SIM card (were you the last to have it when we took pictures of Myra in the heirloom dress??), I shall post pic's of my latest project -- a 3-piece outfit featuring a truly weird asymetrical vest.

Those SIM cards are really little . . .