Thursday, March 5, 2009

For me!!

I finally made something for myself!! When I was a kid we would always get Easter outfits - usually made by my Mom, who is awesome. I've been a bit of a slacker in this department, so this year, I'm starting early. Myra's dress is already made, but instead of going forward with the boy's stuff (a vest for Logan and slacks for Mitch), and then attempting to throw something together in the few hours before church starts on Easter Sunday, which is my usual MO, I made myself a dress. Yes, it's red. I love red, even though it isn't a very traditional color for an Easter dress. This is actually the second time I've worn a red dress for Easter, but the last time was in the 80s, so that picture won't be getting posted. My awkward pre-adolescence is not a topic I prefer to consider on a regular basis.
I can't wait for Easter so I can wear my new dress! Oh, and celebrate the glorious gift of Christ's Resurrection - that is very important, too.
And wear my dress!!!!

2 comments:

Claudia and Glenn Walker said...

I loveeeeeeed your dress. I can't wait to see you on it. Go Katie

DNAgallows said...

I love them! You are so talented. I can't wait to sew something for myself...when I am less round! I hope they turn out as good as yours. You have a very lucky family to be blessed by all your talents!