Saturday, July 12, 2008

Whew!

What a day! Mitch and I finally had a chance to get the nursery/kid's room together. It was a bit of a chore, as we are moving the kids into what once was the computer/sewing room, and vice versa. So, first the two rooms had to be sort of packed up, so that we could do the switch. The computer room was a wreck!!!!! And I never want to think about that closet again... Anyway, we managed it and have the kids' room mostly put together. Here's Myra's corner.
The crib will eventually fill the space where the swing currently resides, but it will spend the first few months in our room (easier for nighttime nursing and won't disturb Logan). Also, we don't actually have it yet. :-) Jim and Jennie have one that they are not using right now, so we're very grateful to not have to buy one!

Here is Logan's side of the room.
Yep, all green. That's my boy...And here is Logan, checking out his new closet, and wearing his favorite green monkey shirt. You just can't get better than green monkeys!

It is still a bit of a work in progress. I have castle curtains to make, shelves to hang, and an adorable green chalkboard to hang for Logan! But, at least the worst part - moving the rooms around - is over!!!

My baby shower was yesterday (which may have partly prompted the move today!), and I had such fun! I have such great friends! Myra is going to be the best dressed little princess around, and have the cutest nursery ever, thanks to my friends.

2 comments:

mkt said...

Your family is gorgeous... can't wait to see the newest little one (I'm sure you're feeling the same right about now!). Love your link to babywearing... my absolute favorite has been my Moby Wrap - I just wish I'd know about it with Leah and Lincoln!

mkt said...

Just noticed that you guys are in Temple - that is way to close for us not to try to get together! We'd love to see you and your kids!