Sunday, July 20, 2008

Sunday, truly a day of rest

I am so glad that it is Sunday! Logan LOVES church. He managed to sit still (well, mostly still) through the entire Sacrament meeting - a miracle in and of itself. Thank you, Scooby Doo fruit snacks. His best friend Anna is back from vacation, so he spent quite a bit of the time chanting her name. I think it only disrupted our half of the chapel... Then he got to go to nursery, which he looks forward to all week. He and Anna went together as usual, and today Rachel Heidenreich tagged along as well, so I had quite the little baby train going down the hall! I got a chance to teach for Aubrey's Sunday School class today, which was really fun! She teaches the youth (yes, all of them, there were only 7 in class today), so I had fond memories of my kiddos in Sugarland. They are a good group, and the lesson was about Korihor, which is fun to teach anyway. I hope they learned something... Relief Society was great. Gwen is a wonderful teacher and I always get a lot out of her lessons. I always leave church feeling grateful for the blessings that I have and it always seems like the little difficulties that follow (like putting Logan down for a nap) are a little easier. I am so glad for that extra burst of the Spirit that comes from even a bad day at church - but today was a good one.
The other thing that I love about Sunday is that I get to ignore the pile of laundry, sink full of dishes and messy rooms. They can wait for Monday - no guilt. Ahh.

2 comments:

Bertie said...

I hear you on the no guilt if the chores don't get done today- because well- it's a commandment to rest!:)

Chelle said...

I try to ignore my laundry pile on Sundays but just can't...Sundays end up being a pretty productive laundry day for me.