Saturday, July 5, 2008

Green!!!

...is Logan's favorite color right now. We hear it all the time, especially when driving. He loves to be a helpful backseat driver and remind me when the light turns green. I admit, he has actually caught me a few times doing bad Mommy habits and not paying attention to the light, but when else am I supposed to rummage through my bag looking for goldfish crackers? Green is also his favorite color for clothing. He has really developed his own opinion lately about what he wants to wear, and the usual answer is - anything, as long as it is green! I have also let him pick out his fabric the last couple of times that we went fabric shopping, and, you guessed it, GREEN! Actually, he seems to favor a particularly bright sort of lime green - I call it radioactive - that those of us who remember the 80's will recall with something less than fondness. That said, I made him a green tee shirt yesterday that he loves, despite the fact that it is enormous on him. Add to that another gripe of mine - Why, when a size 2 McCall's pattern that I used for something else fit him perfectly, is this one built for a baby linebacker??? Well, Logan doesn't care that it is gigantic, he loves it anyway. I recently decided that I would try out the matching thing (inspired by Amanda and her adorable kiddos), and make a button down shirt for Logan and a dress for Myra to coordinate. I let him pick the fabric... I cannot describe it adequately. I'll have to post a picture later. It is amazing... Needless to say, I'll be burning a few more retinal cells making up this one. It's a good thing I have plenty of radioactive green thread. I'm gonna need it!
Kids are so fun!

No comments: