Monday, July 7, 2008

Big Boy Bed

Well, we took the plunge and converted Logan's crib into a Toddler bed. After much discussion and deliberation, we had actually decided to wait, since there is about to be so much upheaval in his life, but when I walked into his room to find him perched precariously halfway between the rocking chair and the upper rail of his crib, we decided it was time! He's such a monkey! Anyway, the deed is done, and so far, Logan loves it! Here he is jumping on his new bed. The bed didn't actually come with a safety rail, so Mitch managed to engineer quite a nice one out of a 1x3 board. It doesn't match, but it is nice and secure, and well sanded. Maybe we'll paint it at some point. We'll see.
Here is the wee prince, fast asleep in his new bed. Note that his favorite color is prominent. He loves green! I'm not entirely sure how I feel about all this. My little man is growing up so fast!

5 comments:

Janene said...

Yeah! He's growing up so fast! That's so smart to put the rail on. Carson fell out of bed for a long time until my parents slept in his room for a week and heard him every night!

Bertie said...

Awwww!! That is so cute- I love the one of him jumping on his bed! that is a really cute blanket set- did you make that too?? His hair is just AWESOME!!:)

KID, MD said...

I wish I could take credit for the blanket, but no, that is Ikea. The hair, however, may indeed by my fault! It is just like mine at that age, except that mom reined mine in with ponytails.

Melynda said...

What a big guy! I remember the day we moved Isaac from his crib to his bed. Oh, memories! What a cute boy you have!

Claudia and Glenn Walker said...

My gosh they grow up so fast. I still remember when you moved a year ago, he was so little. Big brother is now. But do not worry you will have another baby soon, and as soon as that happen he will be become your baby again haha.