Saturday, June 5, 2010

ROTD 6/5/10, half marathon, and the search for the One True Shoe

Dear reader, after unavoidable absence, I return. In full form. I have haphazardly run 3 miles a day, hardly worth a blog entry, and dealing with unlooked-for problems at work. Back with a splash today:


As you can see, this is a familiar loop, but I added a mile before, an easy mile afterwards, and a mile of "speedwork". All told, nearly 12 miles. Took about 2:10.

Which is important, since next weekend I signed up for the Chasing Lions at Twilight Half Marathon. That's 13.1 miles, and with today's run under my belt, I'm feeling good.

Still on the lookout for the One True Shoe. I went so far as to email the guys at New Balance, looking for a wide width trail running shoe. They only make one:

I'm not yet ready to drop the coin yet, because I'm waiting for that first paycheck. Then I'll really be feeling good. For an excellent interpretation of that, please see below:



Happy running!

No comments: