Saturday, June 19, 2010

More Big News...

Not only will be heading to parts unknown next year, it seems we'll be doing it with one more Deshazer in tow.  He or she should be coming to live with us some time in December.  My due date is Dec 31, but if my first two are any indication, I suspect we might have a little visitor before Christmas.
So far the pregnancy has been medically uneventful, although this first trimester is really taking it out of me.  Perhaps that has something to do with the two busy children that I chase all day...  Either way, I've been pretty sick and tired this last month or two, so I'm really looking forward to putting this whole first trimester nonsense behind me!
For those who might be interested in a fuzzy grey ultrasound image, here is the little peanut at 8 weeks - taken about 4 weeks ago.  All of the appropriate parts are present and accounted for.

8 comments:

Searls Stuff said...

Congratulations! What an exciting future you have ahead of you!

Varina said...

Are you sure you're not having a cephalopod, because that's what the ultrasound looks like?

KID, MD said...

It's wee arm and leg buds are tucked underneath. That view was for the crown rump length. Geesh, you'd think you'd never seen an ultrasound before!

Varina said...

It's not like I've seen what one might term a superabundance of them. I'm also sticking with the cephalopod theory until more compelling evidence to the contrary is offered.

Sarahbelle said...

While I do prefer "peanut" to "cephalopod" for the new baby's name -- may I nonetheless suggest:
Patrick Henry Deshazer, if it's a boy,
Priscilla Hermione Deshazer, if it's a girl.

Your growing family of docs needs a PHD!

Eric and Aubrey said...

Congratulations! I'm so excited! We'll be in Salt Lake for a month (Eric for 4 months)next June. Maybe we'll be able to catch you if you're there yet and I'll be able to see you and of course the new little one!

Sarah said...

More exciting news! Congrats!!!! Babies are fabulous.

Claudia and Glenn Walker said...

Congratulations KAtie!!!