Sunday, August 31, 2008

Logan is 2!!

Logan had his 2nd birthday on Saturday. We had lots of fun!! Most of the family was able to be there, which was awesome. Both sets of Grandparents and Uncle Dan were able to be here in Temple for the celebration. We started out on Friday really, since that is when Mitch and Alan finished constructing the swing set that was Logan's big present from Mitch and I. Here they are working on it. I though they were too cute in their matching hats!!

Of course, there was no way to hide the enormous swing set in the back yard, so we let Logan "open" it a little early. And he LOVES it!On Saturday, we had the real celebration. First we made cake - Logan "helped" with the frosting.

Here is the finished product. I am not good at cake decorating, but I thought I'd give a monkey face a try. It is a little lopsided, and I had big problems getting the frosting to stick to the ears, but Logan loved it, and it sure did taste good!

Here's Logan enjoying his cake. I'm not really sure why he has his foot on the table, but he was the birthday boy, so we let him get away with it today.All in all, a birthday success!

3 comments:

DNAgallows said...

I love the cake and cupcakes idea. What a cute monkey cake...and looks like yummy too!

Anonymous said...

Aww that's so cute! I'm sad I missed it. Did he wear his monkey pyjamas all day or did you just feed him cupcakes for breakfast.I love the new swing set.

Also, your monkey face looks like a teddy bear, monkey facial features are more human. Observe

Claudia and Glenn Walker said...

The cake looks great! Happy belated b-day to Logan!