Saturday, March 12, 2011

Plateau

I've hit a proverbial wall in my weight loss journey.  For the last 2 weeks or so, I've bounced between 129 and 132 pounds.
Here's my graph.  As you can see, it's been flat for a while.  I don't have to look very far to discover the etiology of my problem though.
Those are my last two weeks worth of calorie logs.  The red bars are where I have gone over budget.  Note the large number of red bars...  Entire batches of cookie dough are not good for my calorie budget.

Please no one hate me for this, but this is the first time in my life that I have really tried to lose weight in a healthy way.  A couple of  times in my life, I have made some weight loss attempts, but found myself somewhat pathologically fixated on controlling my intake.  I suspect that should a psychiatrist have evaluated me during those periods, there would have been serious concerns.  In the past, I've always been slim and eaten whatever I want, barring the aforementioned episodes.  I think this is the difficulty I'm having.  I've never learned the importance of self control and moderation in my eating.  If I felt like an entire box of Little Debbies, I'd go for it.  Obviously this isn't a healthful way to live, and more than the weight coming off (although that's great!) I'm really grateful that I am finally learning a few things about self control.  I really feel that at it's core, the Word of Wisdom is all about making healthful choices with regard to how you treat your body, and I'm learning a lot about how to do that better.

No comments: