Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Birthday

So Aug 14th was my birthday, and an active one at that.

Those of you who know me, or have read of my running escapades in the past, might have predicted that I would go for a little jog on my birthday.

And you'd be right.


The Birthday Loop

The above is a combination of two loops I have run many times in the past, with a little dogleg here noted at miles 6 or so to stop for a water refill at Lion's Park. It ends up being 13.75 miles, or more than a 1/2 marathon, for those counting.

Of note, as of today (Aug 19th), I've put in 53.7 miles since Saturday. Other than the day of the boards (and Sunday, as I never run on Sunday) that's not bad mileage. And I still have a few days left to run.

In more important news, I did have a blast on my birthday. Pictures are on the previous post, I will not reproduce them here.

Lots of good stuff for the birthday. As previously noted, I am fascinated by anything Lance, even now that he's become more Hollywood than Texan. The cycling game looks good, and if I ever figure out how to put the pictures on the electronic frame it will be fantastic. Just not enough physical space for all of the wonderful pictures we have. My folks got me a "Don't Tread On Me" tshirt, and yesterday a running belt came, which has been tested and approved.

I felt some leeway in doing just what I wanted to do, which unfortunately included studying for my boards. Nasty stuff, that, but if I pass (and I think I probably did) I don't have to take it again for at least 10 years and maybe not ever. I hate standardized tests.

No comments: