Sunday, February 6, 2011

Checking in

I've been such a slacker blogger.  I know you all are more interested in pictures of the cute kids, so there will be more of that soon.  First, I promised some weight loss updates.  Hopefully this will help keep me on track.
The plain facts -- I have lost 6 pounds in 2 weeks, although the first weight was on a different scale, so I can absolutely claim the latter 3.5 pounds.
I really like the LoseIt.com program!  It's really convenient having it available on the phone, (although it is super easy to update online as well) and I love getting realtime feedback about what I'm eating.  It's amazing how easy it is to eat way too much!  I think that the biggest benefit of this program is that it helps me to be more aware of what I'm eating.  It also does a nutritional analysis, which I think is pretty awesome.  After all, just because a food is low in calories, doesn't mean it is actually meeting your needs.  In fact, I think it is even more important to be careful of a nutrient balance when following a calorically restricted diet.
It has also been really awesome having friends and family following on LoseIt.  I find it motivating that I'm not the only one seeing what I eat.  It is also really great having the feedback from them.  As you can see from the chart, the slope hasn't always been downward, and it was nice having some encouraging comments, even when the numbers went up a little.  I've been weighing daily, just because I like to have a lot of data points to follow a trend.  I realize that day to day variability is only to be expected, but it is nice to hear it from others, too.
So, Mitch suggested that I post my favorite picture of me, pre pregnancy, as a reminder of my goal.
Mitch took this for my sewing blog.  Those are my favorite jeans and right now, I can't even zip them.  But I will!!

No comments: