Saturday, February 13, 2010

Topsy Turvy

Naptime at our house is very regimented.  Logan likes structure and gets a bit off kilter if I mess with his mojo.  Our usual routine ends with a kiss for Mommy and Myra and then I take Myra to the living room to nurse her to sleep while Logan drifts off to dreamland on his own.  Theoretically.  At least, it has happened that way.  Like once.  Typically, Logan wanders to his toybox, fills his bed with toys and has to be reminded several times to put the toys away and go to sleep, all while Myra scoffs at my feeble attempts to get her to sleep.  Somehow, they do both take naps every day, but it's always one of those miraculous, "I'm not sure how it happened." moments. Well,  a few days ago, we had a busy morning and after only one reminder, all was quiet on the Logan front AND Myra had fallen asleep.  I headed to the room to lay Myra down, only to find...
a sweet blonde boy curled up in the crib, snoozing under the blanket that Grandma Deshazer crocheted for Myra.  What's a gal to do?  I laid Myra down in Logan's bed and let sleeping boys lie.  She woke up a little disoriented, but none the worse for wear.

No comments: